Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear Bearings, In the Middle of it Now
Hinterleiter
post Feb 8 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,823

As a follow up to my previous thread two weeks ago in which I asked about rear wheel bearing change out and got some good advice, I'm into the job now and have a few questions. All the brake parts and drive shaft are removed and I assume the best way to remove the hub is with BFH and beat it out from the inside? Second thing a noticed was to move the control up and down takes alot of muscle. Shock and spring are disconnected. That puppy stays right where you left it and it's tough to move. Normal?? Third item/question is the three bolts that hold the control arm. I was seeing if they would move easier if I decided to remove the control arm and to my dismay, I broke one. Hate when that happens!! Damn. Didn't touch the other two after that one. What is recommended in this situation? Drill the bolt out? Then what?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 03:51 PM