Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Burping and Burbling What Happened?, Carb Idle and Back Fire
mr74914
post Feb 11 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,116
Region Association: Southern California

Hi gents,

Recently had a Weber carb kit installed in place of my EFI which the parts ofcourse I could not find or afford to replace...

Anyway, was running well for a while. When I thought it was low on oil (should have been wearing my glasses) I added barley a quart. Turned it on and had some white smoke out of the exhaust, burping, burbling, and my idle would not stop rising.

I immediately flushed the oil and am back to the proper level, which cured the white smoke from the exhaust. But I am still getting the very unsettling backfires, heavy burping, and continuous idle rise.

WHAT DO I DO? I did not have the motor running with too much oil for very long and the car was running fine before that. It was sitting for about a month while I was out of town but other than that nothing has changed!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:06 AM