Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Plastic window slider thingie
Ctrout
post Sep 4 2004, 03:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,091

There was a recent thread about window glass not staying in the mechanism that raises and lowers it. I was having a problem with this as well and found that the cause was the rear nylon slider in the regulator. It was completely worn out so that the ball would pop out of the socket and cause the part that grips the bottom of the window to go crooked and the glass to fall out. Anyway, after searching for terms like slider, nylon, window regulator etc. I was unable to locate a source for this part. Does anyone sell them new or is it NLA? Could I get one from a VW or Audi at a junkyard? Sorry I don't have any pics, I didn't take any while the door was apart and I'm not going to take the door apart again until I find the replacement part.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Ctrout   Plastic window slider thingie   Sep 4 2004, 03:37 PM
Ctrout   This is awesome! I consider myself a newbie a...   Sep 5 2004, 03:18 PM
mercdev   Can you tell which part from this? Thought it migh...   Sep 5 2004, 03:27 PM
Ctrout   It is not listed in that picture but it is the pla...   Sep 5 2004, 03:33 PM
Cap'n Krusty   It's rubber, not plastic. An experienced glas...   Sep 5 2004, 03:56 PM
James Adams  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 02:31 AM