Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> cr#p!!! 2nd full day of driving the car to work, clutch cable wreaking havoc!
jim912928
post Sep 15 2004, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Well,

This week I got the 914 back on the road. Drove great monday. Clutch still needed to be depressed to far to the floor to shift well (I do have a clutch stop in now on an engman pedal board). Adjusted it some monday night but this morning i still had to go completely to the floor to get it in 1st/reverse...etc.

On the way home today it slowly got worse to finally putting the clutch all the way in only ground gears. Clutch itself seems fine as there is no slipping.

In checking out the movement once I got it home (wifey manning the clutch pedal) the clutch fork doesn't move much...the clutch cable doesn't move much around that wheel...the clutch cable itself seems to be flexing alot...where it enters the center tunnel is stable as a rock (no movement there).

So I'm guessing I need a new clutch cable (this one is old, and sat on the car while this thing sat in the desert for 6 years) and probably should rebuild the pedal cluster (spring action seemed weak).

Good guesses or should I check other stuff?

Jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jim912928   cr#p!!! 2nd full day of driving the car to work   Sep 15 2004, 08:19 PM
Neal   I just had this problem, it was my clutch cable pi...   Sep 15 2004, 09:37 PM
Eric Taylor   Cable would be the first thing to replace, but I w...   Sep 16 2004, 12:24 AM
jim912928   Well, Finally got some time to dig into what is g...   Sep 20 2004, 05:00 PM
Engman   Rebuild the cluster! Did the 74 over the summe...   Sep 20 2004, 07:00 PM
Red-Beard   You have probably 20-50 shifts left in the cable.....   Sep 20 2004, 07:18 PM
jim912928   agree on it failing soon...it's currently up o...   Sep 20 2004, 07:57 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 12:03 AM