Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Motronic 3.2 Conversion, looking for freinds, Who had done this, lets be pals!
VintageExcellence
post Sep 20 2004, 04:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,636

Ok I just got my Euro 3.2 and sold my 3.0 Weber engine. I know all the conversion stuff, been into this for years.... if anyone has any 3.0 Conversion questions ask me, I know alot.

Now I have never worked with fuel injection, especially Motronic. I need to discuss with someone some questions.

1. Who makes a flywheel to fit a 901 transmission and the 3.2 with the Motronic sensor ring. I had the Kennedy flywheel on my 3.0 and was happy with that. I was thinking about switching to a "pull" clutch but still how can I get a sensor ring installed? What are the downsides to a "pull" clutch? I have a 914-6 transmission so it has the mount for the pull clutch cable housing. Someone help me here, does kennedy make a conversion clutch with a sensor ring? Also is their stage 2 clutch a good buy for 250hp?

2. Fuel system, I have a Carerra fuel pump, I want to change the fuel lines from plastic to steel. Are there any other issues I may have?

3. Wiring up the Motronic brain to a 73 914. I guess I need a Bently Manual to help. What can I eliminate from the 3.2? Any unnecesary wires, sensors for a early car?

Anyway I don't have much time to write but I wanted to get this started. Who can help.

Brad I am sure you have done this before.

Also just got my Boxster Brakes, gotta put those on too.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 03:20 AM