Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914/6 oil line to tank, another repeat. (does search work 4U?)
brant
post Sep 20 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I know this has been covered..
maybe I need a lesson in how to run the search feature (I tried again but failed)

anyways,
I thought I had this race car all figured out and just found out from my guru that he doesn't have a source for the fitting I need...

Its the fitting on the end of the oil line. The line that exits the motor and then enters the stock -6 tank.

I am running a front system, so don't care to buy the stock hard line, just to cut this one fitting off....

I suppose I could cut the tank, but would rather not. On the other tank fittings we have cut them from the lines and TIG'd an AN adapter to them. The car is all set up in Stainless lines...

I was theorizing that some early 911's probably took this same size oil line fitting into their tanks and I could buy one of these lines to cut up cheaper than a -6.

anybody know if thats true?
anybody have a better solution?
what did the rest of you do with your stainless lines for a connection?

JP?
Chris C?
anyone?

tia
brant
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
brant   914/6 oil line to tank   Sep 20 2004, 05:10 PM
Brad Roberts   Buy the adapter from Pegasus. They sell an adapter...   Sep 20 2004, 05:12 PM
Brad Roberts   Oh.. when you search... make sure you change the d...   Sep 20 2004, 05:13 PM
brant   Thanks in advance Brad, I've got the adapter...   Sep 20 2004, 05:14 PM
brant  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 05:48 PM