Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Car sometimes dies on deceleration then hard to restart, Is attached pic the deceleration valve?
auto_cran
post Mar 18 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,123
Region Association: None

So we just fixed a fuel smell issue - bad hoses from the tank were leaking. So after pulling the tank and replacing those hoses, the leak & fumes are gone.

On the test drive - car ran good. But a couple times when coming to a red light, it would die. Restart up just fine & go. But after 15 min, and this happening a few more times, car wouldn't start. It would turn over, but no start - like it was flooded. I could hear the fuel pump running. Fuel pressure still at 35. After waiting 5-10 min, it would start.

Seems like when it dies, it's always when decelerating. Haynes manual mentions a Deceleration Valve. Would this have anything to do wth my problem?

In the engine bay, the fuel regulator is not hooked up to the Deceleration Valve - the end for that hose is plugged.

Along with that, I'm not sure I even have the Deceleration Valve. Is this it it in the middle of the pic - the silver thing with the 3 hoses coming out of it? If so, those hoses are not connected right (according to Vacuum Hose Layout).

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i171.photobucket.com-14123-1332119092.1.jpg)

Any ideas on what's causing our 914 to die on deceleration?

Car is a 74 1.8 all stock (L-Jetronic).

Thanks!

Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 02:28 AM