Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> RICK & THE ALIEN ARE FAMOUS!!!, Proof that we all benefit
aircooledboy
post Oct 2 2004, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

This was very cool:

This morning I took my daughter to her soccer game in Byron Illinois, driving my V8. Right after I pull in, a very nice late 911 pulls in a few spots over, and the guy gets out an makes a B line for me. Turns out he was a couple cars behind me on my favorite twisty on the way to the game, and he could hear my car. He is all over how much he likes my car, and starts asking lots of questions about my conversion, when the following exchange takes place:

me: you seem like you have more than just a passing interest in 914s

911 guy: ya, I have been thinking alot lately about getting either a 914-6 or maybe a conversion

me: no kidding. Why lately?

911 guy: I saw an article in Excellence recently about a smoking 914 with a 928 engine in it, and it really got me thinking about 914's again.

me: That's funny, I know the owner. It is a great car.

911 guy: No, can't be. This car isn't from around here.

me: I know, it's from Minnissota. The guy who built it is Rick Ollah. I met him and saw the car in Michigan a couple months ago, and I hope to see him again in Indiana in a few weeks.

911 guy: Boy I'll tell ya, I have heard more talk about 914s since that article came out than I have in the last 15 years combined. I know a several guys who are looking for clean 914s right now. I'd really like to find a 6 or maybe build something.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/monkeydance.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/monkeydance.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/monkeydance.gif)

I of course then told him about this place and the FFC.

A while back when I offered to join a few others in funding Rick's plan to take the Alien to the next level, my chat with a complete stranger about my 914 was EXACTLY why. Rick has done something that makes all of our cars more valuable. People who haven't thought about 914's in 15 years are thinking about them now. Thanks Rick.

Plus, I felt like I knew Payton Manning. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) Rick is a celebrity. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Rick, will you autograph my butt at the FFC? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 11:04 AM