Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rough cold start, Rougher hot start
Canine14
post Apr 18 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,393
Region Association: North East States

Hello 914world,

This is my first thread on the forum, thanks for having me!

I have a diagnostic question concerning a 1973 914 2.0:

The engine starts but won't idle without a decent amount of pressure on the gas pedal. after about 3 to 5 minutes the gas pedal can be released and the engine idles fine.

After traveling about ten miles or 15 to 20 minutes, I can shut off the engine and turn it back on immediately without any problems. But if the engine sits for say 10 minutes after being run for those 20 minutes, then upon restart the engine will not idle without a significant amount of gas pedal pressure. It will actually run even worse than when started cold, almost as if the engine is running on 2 or 3 cylinders.

The engine will not run well again until it completely cools, the engine is started and the gas is depressed for 3-5 minutes as stated above.

I appreciate questions or ideas on what might be happening.

thankyou!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 02:41 PM