Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear Suspension
Rough_Rider
post Oct 12 2004, 12:14 PM
Post #1

Smurf Zone

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,547

When i bought my 14 the PO mentioned the rear suspension (Koni's with 200lbs springs) we're probably shot. Taking the car for its 1st quick spin i noticed the rear was stepping out under power through medium to tight left handers. So loosing grip at quite low speeds.

I'm looking for places to go to get new dampers & springs. Was thinking i need to soften the spring rate 150lbs ish & replace with new dampers.

My goal is a track / AutoX setup.

Sidenote: The front dampers don't have any springs, i see from the haynes manual this is as designed. The torsion bar acts as the spring. Can springs still be added to the front dampers? Is this even a wise idea?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Rough_Rider   Rear Suspension   Oct 12 2004, 12:14 PM
mike_the_man   Lots of places to get new springs and shocks. HPH...   Oct 12 2004, 12:23 PM
Root_Werks   Check the rear and see if it has a sway bar. Chan...   Oct 12 2004, 12:25 PM
Rough_Rider   Rear sway bar is already removed. Front has a stoc...   Oct 12 2004, 12:50 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 10:20 AM