Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sound Options?
Alphaogre
post Jun 1 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,487
Region Association: Southern California

I just picked up a 1970 914-4 (my first) I trying to gather some general stuff to start the rebuild. I am looking for some sound options, and examples. I can weld and fabricate so I was thinking of making my own (i have done it before for other cars) but I am having some trouble finding some good references to what muffler or configuration would work best for these 914's.

It came with dual Webbers already on it, and what is on it seems louder then i would have expected but im looking for the old air cooled throtie sound...if that makes any sense. Obviously the 6's sound great but what options are out there for the 4's?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.

Also looking for shock/suspension options (looking to upgrade to coil overs to lower and firm up the stance, also looking for good front and back fiber glass bumpers as well.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 11:07 AM