Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Newbie from Peoria, IL, Wanted to say 'Hi'/Introduce Myself
Bonzo767
post Jun 5 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,500
Region Association: None

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum as I was recently gifted a '72 914/4 FI from my brother-in-law. He has apparently lost interest/time/money/storage, and wanted to junk it. He was the second owner of the car, having purchased it in 1988.

Ironically, I was the last one to drive it before it was garaged and otherwise forgotten (10 yrs ago). So...I just couldn't bear to see the junk thing happen, as it's an original 7/10 car, and they aren't making more. Hopefully with some patient help from many of you, and the desire to both keep it in the family, and share with others through shows and such, I'll have her up and running again in no time.

I was able to get it to crank strong the other evening, and am now contemplating digging into/replacing most of the fuel system as a starting point. The odor from the fuel tank and when it cranks is REALLY nasty.

Otherwise, I've been keeping the Haynes manual near and dear.

Any other ideas for a starting point? I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks to all in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 09:35 AM