Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New Guy doing a rebuild and restore, Rebuild and restore
RaptorMan
post Jun 25 2012, 04:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,603
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hey guys I'm brand new. I'm a mechanic and my dad has a blue 1975 914 with the 1.8L in it. He's had the car for 20 years and has let it fall into neglect. It runs but has a good bit of blow by. It needs to have some rust spots sanded out and repainted which he is having done this summer. Interior needs some work but he wants me to rebuild the engine. As I start looking for parts I'm not finding a lot. Keeping the engine stock would be preferable. I'm going to be doing the rebuild in hayward, WI.

The motor will come out next month and I'm trying to get him a price on a rebuild. Where do you guys go for parts? What kind of things have people done in the past and what are you recommendations? Any good machine shops familar with these engines in WI? What should I watch out for ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 04:50 PM