Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Leather - is it Finished or Unfinished?
skaufmann
post Jul 2 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #1

Blissfully Ignorant

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,123
Region Association: Southern California

I want to give my leather some TLC after it sitting for 10 years. It's still quite soft for its age but before I start giving it some use I want to treat it.

It seems with the myriad of leather restoration products, they are divided for use on finished and unfinished leather. Products for unfinished leather generally being useless for finished leather as it won't penetrate the surface.

I did find that finished leather is usually only on cars made in the last 10-15 years. I ask, though, because it seems the 914 leather has a *finish* on it. I have no clue if that's the case which is why I'm asking here.

Also as far as products, I've found a lot of the best leather restoration products have been reformulated and do not use animal by-products anymore and now use oils and waxes (Hide Food which is now called Hide Care is an example). All these for use on unfinished leather.

I'm not wanting to turn this into another leather care thread but I haven't seen this finished/unfinished point clarified yet.

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 11:55 AM