Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Steering Wheel, What diameter, and why?
andys
post Jul 11 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

I'm to the point in my build where I'm going to start thinking about a steering wheel. I'll probably pick one of the Momo offerings, but I'm curious what diameter you guys are using? I have an old 300mm Racemark now, and everything about it is wrong except for knee clearance. Steering effort is high, but that's my fault for running wide tires - it's a V8 conversion. Otherwise it obstructs both my custom quad gauge and the speedo (right in the 40-60MPH range). I know it's kind of an inherent 914 problem anyway.

The two most common sizes seem to be 330mm, and 350mm (more choices in the latter of those two). I may either add a spacer to the existing adapter, or perhaps add a quick release to move the wheel back to get better placement to clear the knees.

The Momo "Prototypo" seems to be the go-to, though I also like the "Competition." So what do you guys think? Size matters......

Andy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 07:45 PM