Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine build
Montreal914
post Aug 10 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

I'm currently looking at building an engine for my street car that I will occasionally bring to DE events. I have a selection of parts and obviously will need to purchase the rest. Reading many threads, I see that the right combination is what it's all about. I'm probably looking at a 2056 but still haven't ruled out the possibility of a stroker. My budget is fairly limited (~$2,000-3,000 ) and although I know there is a lot to gain with head work, I was going to keep them stock.

What I have:
Case, micro polish 71 stock crank, 2.0 rods, stock 2.0 3 bolts heads ('73-'74) with new seats and guides, 1.7 rockers, original 911 swivel feet, melling oil pump, complete 2.0 D-jet fuel injection, and complete 45mm Dellortos set.

I was thinking of buying 96mm KB pistons and new barrels.

I guess one of the first decisions is; carbs or FI? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
If it's F.I., then I need a F.I. compatible cam. Vendors? Raby and who?
What would be the maximum CR, 8.5?
And what else could be done other than lightened flywheel for response time?

If carbs, then doors open. But do they really with my stuff?
Are 45mm simply too big for a street 2056? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Would they be good with a mildly stroked setup?
Will stock 2.0 heads work properly with a mildly stroked engine?

Cam selection would come at the end and would probably mean dual springs new lifters (reground maybe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ) and chromoly pushrods cut to lenght for proper geometry.

Of course proper oil cooling is part of the plan.

I know this is kind of vague...but any inputs are welcome...and thank you for reading all this... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 04:05 AM