Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help with body lines, Can you clarify what this is supposed to look like?
ThePaintedMan
post Sep 29 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

Hi guys,
Now that I've got some time to work on the car again and waiting for news about the heads, I'm going to try to tackle some of the bodywork. Below are some photos of the rear end, which definitely has seen contact at some point. I need to figure out what is bent and how everything is supposed to line up.

Attached Image

First off, is there supposed to be a "valley" here? Or should it be flat, parallel to the ground?

Attached Image

This picture shows the rear panel itself. Is this supposed to have a slight curvature across it? And for the lower section, should that be completely flat? Or should the bottom edge of it be closer in to the body than the top?

Attached Image Attached Image

Finally, I'm not sure about the tail lights. The right side has obviously been hit, but I can't tell whats wrong with it. Should it be flush, like the left side? Or should both the tail lights protrude a little when viewed from the top?

Thanks for the help! Sorry I had to post this, I haven't been able to find a good example nearby to look at or any pictures that showed what I was curious about.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:02 PM