Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> DIY - Bringing Her Back to Life, The Nando Build
martinef1963
post Oct 31 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #1

The Saga Continues...

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,080
Region Association: South East States

I just can't shake it, the 914-bug! I've tried to finish, left for years, came back, tried to sell her and now just want to get her running - does this sound familiar to anyone out there? I am sure it does.

I need some help from the forum, I want to breath some life into an engine that ran for 5-MINUTES 5-YEARS ago.

I have taken the gas tank out, painted, treated and in the process of R&R the fuel line with SS line. I will be replacing the gas filter / sock and possibly the gas tank nipple to ensure I get an uncontaminated fuel system up front.

I will R&R all gas lines into the dual 40IDF Webbers as well and anything associated with the fuel lines.

Question: What must I do to prep the engine guts before I attempt to start her? This engine is a virgin and like I mentioned earlier on - it only ran for 5-MINUTES.

Thanks,

Fern (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 11:46 AM