Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> new product feasabilty, speaker box
scotty914
post Nov 3 2004, 10:54 PM
Post #1

suby torque rules

Group: Members
Member No.: 924

hello guys and gals

i have seen lots of ways to install a sub woofer in our cars, to include center consoles, digging out the foam block in the passenger side foot well, and off coarse a bazoka type tube. there are betters ways like one i thought of years ago and since my car has been sitting i have not done it, but i might and it is not much more to make more. what it is, is a grp speaker box in the exact shape of the foam block that can handle an eight or a ten. even though an eight is a better fit. it simply would replace the foam block perfectly and hid under the carpet.

i could even with some more work make a grp box that repicates the center section of the rear back pad to hold 2 sixes or fours that would be padded and would exept the stock vinyl or new vinyl. BTW there are some nice six subs out that do sound decent.

approx price range would be about 50 for the foot well as long as i had orders for 5 ( not payment ), and probably closer to 75 for the back pad version.

and to give an idea of my grp experance years and several hobbies ago i use to run remote control subs ( 2 to 9 foot ones ) and i did a run of 9 foot russian akula subs in epoxy and glass

just looking for some interest and some thing to help fund the suby conversion and take time due to lay off. and for the penny pinchers out there ( all of us ) i would make about 20 bucks each with an hour of work each

scott t
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 02:31 PM