Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Speedometer issue needle acting slow and bouncy, Any PNW speedo shops around Seattle?
TC 914-8
post Dec 1 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,090
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The other day I noticed my Speedometer needle bouncing 15-20 MPH swings while at crusing speed. I knew my speedo cable housing was burnt from resting on the header long time ago. I ordered a new cable, a simple job to replace if you don't have a center console, or a 500mil battery relocate cable running in the tunnel along with the speedo cable. So after 2-3 hrs to do a 1/2 hr job I think I'm done. Go for a test drive, and nothing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) The needle dosn't even move while driving. I pulled the speedo out and verified the cable turns when driving. Hooked up my drill motor to drive the speedo manually and the needle barely makes it to 30 mph at full speed on the drill motor. Put it back in go for a drive and at 30-40 MPH on the GPS the speedo is only 20mph. The needle hangs there when stopped, and now my odometer dosn't turn or clock miles.
Obviously something broke or is worn, has anyone done this repair? is it serviceable? Or am I better off sending it out?
Palo Alto spedometer or North Hollywood Speedo are the only ones I know about.
Any PNW folks know of a speedo shop in Seattle or localaly with out sending it off?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 06:22 AM