Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How many turns on a lug not for saftey?, put on 7mm spacer..only get 6 full turns
jim912928
post Nov 7 2004, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Ok...I've got the silver 914 with the boxster rims. For a short time (so I could drive it some)...I put the 6" wheels in the back and the 7" wheels in the front (I'm running 205 50 16"'s. Backspacing worked great this way. This weekend I went to work on getting the 6" rims in the front and the 7" rims in the back. Rears fit perfect and the fronts, as expected..sit in some. I put some 7mm spacers on the front to pull them out alittle. Now I only get 6 full turns on the lug nuts from first thread catch to full torque down at 97 ft/lbs. Is this too few turns to be safe?

My alternatives are...add longer wheel studs or get two 7" rims to match the rears (7X16" boxster rears with the 40mm offset fit perfect front and rear). I do have a line on 2 7" rims so that isn't a problem.

Thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 02:49 AM