Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Body construction questions, Hell hole and engine mounts
type11969
post Nov 9 2004, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

Can someone explain to me how the various pieces of sheet metal come together in the hell hole region? The engine shelf is on top, but it seems like I am cutting through 2 pieces of metal in some places, then 1 piece of metal in others.

Are the housings for the engine mounts more than spot welded in from the factory where they mount to the longitudinal? On each of my engine mount housings, there are 3 weld beads running up the side. I thought the 914 was spot welded together . . .

Finally, question about factory seam sealer. On both sides of the engine compartment, up in the front corners right under the sails, on my car it looks like whoever applied the seam sealer used a brush 2 times too big, used 2 times too much seam sealer, and had 2 times too much to drink. Do 914s come this way from the factory?

-Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:51 PM