Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> D-jet FI and air box: Is this a problem?, Two questions: Is this right? And how to adjust air/fuel mixture?
tumamilhem
post Mar 2 2013, 10:49 AM
Post #1

LUFTBRIGADE

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,092
Region Association: South East States

This is my first D-jet FI on a 914. My first 914 was a single carb and my second had the L-jet (which I liked because it was easy to manually adjust the air/fuel mixture).

First question:
In cleaning and detailing my engine, I noticed the housing on the fuel box simply came right off the _______ opening (sorry, I'm not a mechanic. Seems like a carb opening for air, but you guys will know from the pics). Shouldn't this be secured? Seems to me that a lot of air would be leaking from this. It sits on the housing, but not securely and not completely (off to the side a bit). I wrapped some Gorilla tape around it to secure it to see if it made a difference, but my car was driving shaky anyway, so I can't tell. Is this supposed to be secured or does it not matter? One mechanic told me not to worry about it. Seems like a poor design to me.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Second question:
Is there a way I can adjust the air/fuel mixture on a D-jet FI? On the L-jet, you can adjust it by the screw on top of the air box next to the air flow meter. The screw opens and closes a door allowing more or less air into the engine. Is there a way to adjust it on a D-jet FI? If so, can someone provide me with specific instructions on how to do so? Mind you, I'm not much of a mechanic, so I may or may not know certain parts you refer to. So if you could be specific (or provide pictures of yoru explanation), that would greatly help. I'd like to learn how to do as much on my own as I can. With my L-jet, it was easy. Haven't figured my way around the D-jet yet.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tumamilhem   D-jet FI and air box: Is this a problem?   Mar 2 2013, 10:49 AM
jasons   the fuel box simply came right off the _______ op...   Mar 2 2013, 11:53 AM
tumamilhem   the latches on the air box are fastened, but the r...   Mar 2 2013, 12:13 PM
jasons   So we're clear... Are the latches on the botto...   Mar 2 2013, 12:34 PM
tumamilhem   The latches aren't COMPLETELY tight. I can wig...   Mar 2 2013, 12:42 PM
jasons   The metal mount across the intake runners that the...   Mar 2 2013, 01:01 PM
tumamilhem   TB?   Mar 2 2013, 01:29 PM
gopack   TB? Throttle body... FI equivalent of a carbur...   Mar 2 2013, 01:43 PM
tumamilhem   ah, okay. didn't get the abbreviation right aw...   Mar 2 2013, 02:41 PM
Jeff Bowlsby   Do yourself and everyone else here a favor and rea...   Mar 2 2013, 02:46 PM
76-914   Do yourself and everyone else here a favor and re...   Mar 3 2013, 10:13 AM
r_towle   D-bible http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/Djet...   Mar 2 2013, 06:45 PM
Dave_Darling   That's the D-jet bible! You're showin...   Mar 2 2013, 07:15 PM
tumamilhem   That's the D-jet bible! You're showi...   Mar 6 2013, 01:34 PM
rdauenhauer   DD is spot on. The air box to TB rubber coupler ha...   Mar 3 2013, 11:56 AM
jasons   DD is spot on. The air box to TB rubber coupler h...   Mar 3 2013, 06:14 PM
brant   there is a factory clamp on the rubber sleeve.. I ...   Mar 3 2013, 12:00 PM
Black22   and it takes a wide band air fuel meter to adju...   Mar 3 2013, 06:31 PM
jasons   Tell me this, in your pic above showing the gap......   Mar 6 2013, 01:59 PM
tumamilhem   I'm holding it up so you can see exactly what ...   Mar 12 2013, 01:59 PM
The Cabinetmaker   There are two of the over center clamps on the bot...   Mar 12 2013, 03:41 PM
tumamilhem   I did that already. Didn't make a difference. ...   Mar 12 2013, 04:24 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 11:20 AM