Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> help w/ oil leak, I have a trouble some oil leak asking for help
young 914 owner
post Apr 20 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,789
Region Association: Southern California

Hi, i have a 72 914-4 with a freshly rebuilt 1.7 case and crank shaft w/ big pistons and cylinders. i have been having a massive problem w/ the engine leaking excessive oil first i fixed the hole in the dipstick tube( machine shop bent it when i got my case worked on) then figured out that the thermostat pulley had to be on. On fixing each of these the oil leak has been decreasing as each got fixed, but on the side of the engine w/ the pulley it is still leaking too much to drive it regularly. the oil drips down on to the exhaust and produces quite a bit of smoke. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where this mysterious leak could be coming from? it is not coming from the push rod tubes from the best that i can see. i have dropped the engine about 4 times trying to resolve this issue and hopefully some one can help me with this problem
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 01:43 PM