Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New steering wheel - 350mm, plus video from UFO on Sunday
Randal
post Apr 23 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

If you are planning on using a steering quickner then keep your 13.75 or 14 inch steering wheel. I went down to a 12.25 inch and with the quickner it required more torque than the driver could manage in a 4.25 minute (65 corner) session at Medford.

I've found a 350mm (13.75") wheel with exactly the dish I want, so will be installing that shortly. The different size will require 12% more motion, but there will be less load which is my primary objective. Guessing the load will decrease 12%, but correct me if that is fuzzy math.

I do like the quickner for a bunch of reasons.

Here is a video from last Sunday at the UFO event. Tough little course to master in 4 runs. Ended up 4th overall after catching a cone on the last corner of my fastest run.

5 big time mistakes in the video run, but good to watch as you learn from your mistakes, some of which were just basic stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kLIDzBizEA

Yea, and could you believe that weather. The Marina afternoons are typically Alaska weather, but not on Sunday.

BTW Bill Charron won the event in his narrow bodied 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 05:15 PM