Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Drive It, Enjoying Driving My 914
klink
post May 3 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,927

Haven't been here for a long, long time although I do check in once and a while. OK here's the deal. My son and I went through this car mechanically since we got it in 2003. We finished the 'build' in 2010. It ran very well. I had some issues with blown fuses and a bad 'new' fuel pump. I lost my confidence in the car. So it sat in the garage barely broke in. About nine months ago my son said 'why don't you drive that thing to the river house and get over it'. Well, it ran perfect. I had a blast. Since then I've been driving the wheels off of it including back to the River. It doesn't even leak, but I know it will. All it needs is paint and some rubber and the paint ain't that bad. What's my point? Although these cars have some idiosyncrasies involving electrical gremlins and subtle inconveniences they really are a real kick in the ass to drive. So go out and drive it. It will make you happy. Thanks for listening. Glad to see there's still some crazies out there like me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 07:02 AM