Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Main Shaft Seal, I went too far
newdeal2
post Nov 25 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

Using this method :

use something blunt, like a (small) wratchet extension and hammer away in one spot (very close to the shaft). the seal will move in on that side and tilt (the other side will come out), then grab it either with plyers or use a screwdriver to pry it out.

I managed to work the seal too far and it popped in to the other side. I can still reach it but need some good methods for retreiving it without causing damage.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
newdeal2   Main Shaft Seal   Nov 25 2004, 09:54 AM
newdeal2   Well....I am able to get to the seal by removing ...   Nov 25 2004, 10:19 AM
synthesisdv   I lost the circular spring inside on my mainshaft....   Nov 25 2004, 10:20 AM
Porsche Rescue   I did the same thing. Had a spare trans so I left ...   Nov 25 2004, 10:29 AM
SirAndy   ...   Nov 25 2004, 01:39 PM
newdeal2   I already removed the Diff case cover before I rea...   Nov 25 2004, 02:44 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 10:31 AM