Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> a CoTM suggestion, a more level "playing field" perhaps
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Jul 7 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,727

I enjoy the CoTM on the home page, the competition, the voting, the nominees' presentations, and the various and sundry comments from members. But....
it seems that /6 GTs, resto-mod /6s and even stock /6s enjoy an advantage in the voting by virtue of their rarity, significance, diligent construction, and performance.
This past CoTM competition left an extremely nice, stock /4 as a runner up to a very attractive and muscular /6, though by only a handful of votes. Now I know that that beautiful green /4 can be nominated again, but as often as not, sometimes a second (or third) place finisher never gets a second chance.

Perhaps the CoTM competition could be structured so that nominees would fit into classes or categories for each month's voting. For instance, one month would be for stock or nearly stock /6s. The next month the nominees would be race/highly modified 914s. The following month the candidates would be stock or mostly OEM /4s. Another month could feature 914s w/alternative, non-Porsche engines. And yet another month the candidates would be flared, aggressive /6s and GT tribute cars.

The current CoTM of Erics' is an extremely well built and presented GT tribute that is drop dead gorgeous. Furthermore, our own Orthobizs' Parade Concours winner is certainly worthy of inclusion into the CoTM Hall of Fame, but, it would seem unfair to me to put those two cars before the membership to choose one over the other.

Am I alone in wishing to see some parity in the CoTM nominations?

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:11 PM