Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> it can be you, tig and the ER
worn
post Aug 5 2013, 07:37 PM
Post #1

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hi folks. I tend to be preachy, and there is a reason. Last night my son didn't notice that his rod was actually melting away in the tig torch. About 3 quarter inch of molten aluminum fell into his shoe at the ankle. This caused A 3rd DEGREE BURN!! When I saw a quarter sized part that looked like roast chicken I felt sick, kept my mouth shut and bundled him to the ER. It all happened fast and would have been worse except we ALWAYS have water around the welding. I was throwing water at him by the time he was getting his shoe pulled off. That limited the damage. Now he has to work on pulling dead flesh off as the new scar forms. Take strong pain killer, follow by shower, follow by wound treatment.
So take dare with everything, and keep body, soul and 914 together. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 08:44 AM