Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: New Car
euro911
post Aug 11 2013, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Some friends of ours, Aaron & Donna, are moving away. Aaron got a better paying air traffic controller job at a large airport in Alabama ... he had been working ATC at our local Torrance Municipal for the past couple of years.

They were originally going to have their '67 bug ('Tomater') transported back there, but the cost was out of their budget, so Aaron recently decided to sell it. I helped him rebuild the engine last year, so he asked if I might be interested in it.

Attached Image

At first I said no, especially since I haven't been too active at the shop recently ... but my wife started thinking about it. We looked it over and started pricing what it would take to turn it into a nice DD for her (she says the Tundra is too big) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Attached Image

It runs well - what it really needs a lot of cosmetic work. The RR fender and rear apron need work (replaced) as well as some additional [minor] bodywork

Attached Image

Attached Image

... and the interior needs some attention. Headliner, complete (full) carpet kit (we'll get Oatmeal) and a driver's seat re-upholstery kit for sure ... passenger seat and rear seat still look pretty good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

I'll also be looking into upgrading the front brakes to discs (approx $400.)

Attached Image

With about $1k +/- in upgrades, some clean up, a cheep $500 Maaco paint job, and new rubber seals, it should look pretty good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

If I feel like getting a little more industrious, I do have a couple 'spare' 95hp 912 engines handy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 09:06 PM