Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Autocross folks or track-day dudes.., What would you suggest as far as getting the car to the track?
ThePaintedMan
post Sep 3 2013, 08:24 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

Now that the car is back over on the east coast of FL receiving some attention to get it race-legal, I've already started pondering some of the things I'd like to tackle at some point.

I'm hoping to be able to take it to plenty of DE's in the future and/or more races, but I've been thinking that I need a way to do so without running around on sticky tires all of the time. So that pretty much means trailering it or towing a tire trailer, a la something like Garold's setup.

I really don't have space for a real flat bed, and probably won't for some time, so if I trailered the car, it would be with a tow bar and one of David Lee's excellent tow bar mounts (Rennenmetal). I'm leaning towards this option, because it won't mean taking up a bunch of room at our place and allows me to take the car anywhere and drop it off if need be. I guess the other benefit is that if something breaks at the track, I still have a way to get everything home. The biggest drawback is spending the money on fuel to tow the car with our Blazer.

On the other hand, the tire trailer is cool as can be. I really like Garold's setup and it seems like it makes loading up for the weekend much easier. Again, the drawback is that if something breaks, you're stranded at the track with a car AND a trailer that need rides home.

None of this is happening anytime soon with the wedding coming up and the multitude of other things in my life, but just thought I'd solicit the opinions of the World bretheren. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Edit: DOH! If this is better suited for the Paddock, feel free to move it admins. My mistake.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 05:11 PM