Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Who made this p&c?, really need some brain power here
tweet
post Sep 25 2013, 05:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,579
Region Association: South East States

So my other topic is not getting any response, let me try a different approach. I know the guys, who know, are out there. This is a 96mm p & c combo that came out of my 1911cc. These are old school. I know for a fact that this engine was modified at least 20 years ago (the car has been stored that long). I have never been able to find part numbers or marks other than the "TS" inside the pistons. The cylinders have 18 fins, don't know, if that helps, with 24mm wrist pins. What I would like to know is if they are usable / worth salvaging for the rebuild? I'm on a budget. Car needs extensive fire damage repair.

As you can see, this piston suffered from some corrosion and has pitting. I am aware that there are engine parts that can be welded/metal deposited where there is pitting. Question is, is this piston repairable and at what cost? I also need two 96mm jugs to replace two that are also pitted (easy part) .

TIA for the advice.

-Dan

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 12:11 AM