Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Importing a 914 to the USA
earossi
post Oct 3 2013, 07:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,878
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I've been lurking on this board for some time looking for the right car to purchase for my use in PCA events. As a result, there have been several cars of interest that were registered Canadian cars. I've shied away from these cars because of the "unknown" issues of bringing a car into this country.

Can someone comment on the hassle involved in importing a non-USA 914 into the country? What needs to be done, how feasible is it, and is the cost such that it makes the event to exorbitant to pursue?

When I Googled the importation regs, it appears that most of the regs apply to cars that are less than 25 years old. Since all 914's are more than 25 years old, is there some exemption (I couldn't find one). And, it appears that you have to satisfy requirements from both IDOT and EPA!

It would be great and much appreciated if someone could respond to this post who has actually gone through the importation process successfully and who would be willing to provide a description of what had to be done to the cars and its cost.

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 02:59 AM