Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Not Bob Ford's crack style, Rear lens repair, not crack
porbmw
post Dec 7 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,534
Region Association: None

This HAS to be a common problem....or am I the only one with more than one of these.

Actually, have a pair of NOS rear lenses I got a few years ago....were shipped to me, and likely damaged during shipment. Vendor had little to say about that.

Lens has "split" at the seam, at the point where the two colors of plastic are melded. Almost perfectly clean split/breadk...

How does one repair these lenses. I am assuming these were melted/melded at the Hella factory. Now I am assuming glue is the last resort.

Is it?
If so, what is the best glue....and process....and any trick on keeping the glue from smearing on the outside of the lens.

And what glue will apply transparent, and remain transparent with age.

Of course, I have some other, olders ones that also are split....

and have been glued, with glue visible on outside of lens....any trick to removing and applying something that hides the repair

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 04:28 PM