Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Racer Chris is the man, Tangerine Racing Cable Linkage figured out
ThePaintedMan
post Mar 20 2014, 07:10 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

Been chasing several issues with my cable linkage for well over a year now. Finally figured out what was wrong. I could never get the driver or "slave" carb throttle shaft to close all the way at idle and still stay synched with the master carb. It was always a compromise of synching it at 3,000 rpms and dealing with it being off-synch at idle, or simply letting it idle high.

I came up with a few modifications of my own which I'll post tomorrow when I have some sunshine to take pics. This included a thinner, more flexible braided cable running to the slave carb as well as an additional helper spring to put more tension on the slave carb. Both fixes helped, but still didn't quite produce the results I wanted.

I had noticed that the slave carb's pulley was always a little offset to where the cable actually lined up. Today I finally added another shim which put the slave pulley in a better line with the cable as it entered the mounting bracket. BOOM, problem solved. Slave carb rotates smooth as silk now and returns to full rest and the synching was much easier. Tested it at both idle and 3k rpms and everything was perfect.

Again, I'll post more pictures tomorrow which will make more sense, but in the meantime, a big thumbs up again to Chris for a simple but well designed product that works well. I'm due to install this setup on a set of Dellortos soon for another member here, so hopefully what I've learned will benefit him and others.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 07:09 AM