Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> got the car back on four wheels!, with only minor cussing
xsboost90
post Jan 10 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,432

so i get the bearings pressed onto the hubs and the hubs pressed into the arms. I get them home and find the square brakets w/ four holes that go between the hub/bearing sitting on the bench. SOAB! So i get them apart with much trouble and have to reassemble the bearings since they popped all apart, bolt the brakets on and repress the hubs in. All worked well exept the ps wheel i noticed a VERY small amt of play in the hub when working it side to side. IM thinking this will leave once the axels are bolted in ...What do you guys think? Dont tell me i need another pair of new bearings??!!!! IT is very very little. JUst enough you can feel it w/ the wheel on.

ANyways, i set the car on all four and everything fits very well. I dont have any rotors on it so i had to use some hollow lugs to hold the wheels on until i figure out what rotors to get for the rear since the wheel sits in alittle more. I have an amazing inch of clearance between the frame and tire once bolted on W/O the rotors on. DOnt know if im gonna need fender flares though..we'll see. Forgot the camera sorry, maybe tomorrow.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
xsboost90   got the car back on four wheels!   Jan 10 2005, 05:38 PM
Dave_Darling   The stub axles support the bearings, so I would ex...   Jan 10 2005, 06:16 PM
JOHNMAN   I was always under the impression that one should ...   Jan 10 2005, 10:03 PM
Series9   <...   Jan 10 2005, 10:09 PM
skline   http://www.914world.com/bbs2/h...   Jan 10 2005, 10:17 PM
xsboost90   the only thing that holds the ball bearings in is ...   Jan 11 2005, 06:49 AM
xsboost90   im going to bolt in the spline shafts tonite and s...   Jan 11 2005, 02:36 PM
Dr Evil   Just before the last time my car ran I did the exa...   Jan 11 2005, 02:47 PM
xsboost90   just ordered two new bearings....

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 12:33 PM