Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> raised spindels, what has been done before?
metalmorphosis
post May 11 2014, 10:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,743
Region Association: South East States

So I think I want to raise the spindle on the strut tube and I know I've seen some threads about doing this. I did a little searching and didn't find anything useful so I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice or share any links with me. The reason I think I would like to do this is to regain a little suspension travel in the front end. My car is pretty low and currently has no travel to speak of in the front. So I think if I lower the car more by raising the spindles I can lift the car back up using the torsion bars to gain some suspension travel back. Ultimately I want my cars ride height to be about the same as it is now. I'm thinking of raising the spindle 1 inch, is there another standard amount of raise that has been done before? Is there any reason not to do this modification? I assume the tie rods would be fine and all the geometry would be almost the same, right? So what do y'all know about this one?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 01:21 AM