Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> center tunnel ?
David_S
post May 30 2003, 09:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 680
Region Association: Southwest Region

I need some advise ...... I got my 914 project dug out of the corner of the garage and started looking over a few things before I started to weld in the new floor pans. Was checking the tubes in the tunnel that the cables run through and figured out why this car didn't have a throttle cable in it when I got it! Looks like the D.P.O. tried replacing it and got part of it or something else stuck about halfway down the tube .... I have tried to drive a piece of rod through it from both ends and it won't go. Even a small piece of wire won't go through. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) Question is ...should I replace the whole tube with a piece of steel tubing or can I just cut out the section that is plugged and splice it back ?? thanks in advance ....David
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
David_S   center tunnel ?   May 30 2003, 09:53 PM
Racer Chris   <...   May 30 2003, 11:02 PM
GWN7   Replacing just a section will leave ruff edges on ...   May 30 2003, 11:14 PM
Brad Roberts   Shoot brake cleaner or WD40 down the tube. I'm...   May 30 2003, 11:15 PM
David_S   Thanks for the info! My idea was to replace th...   May 31 2003, 12:38 AM
watsonrx13   David, please post your procedure and pics.   May 31 2003, 06:54 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 04:59 PM