Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 TURBO CARRERA UPDATE, You guys are so damn motivational
iamchappy
post Jan 21 2005, 10:31 AM
Post #1

It all happens so fast!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,315
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have been out in the garage all morning as the snow piles up outside.
This forum is so motivational for me that without it I doubt anything would ever get done.
I just received back from my fabricator the final crossover pipe to fit the K27. It looks beautiful and helps tuck everything up under the rear valance. I am going to drill and notch the back of the cam for the 930 oil scavenge pump to pump the drain oil out of the turbo sump, and use the Tilton electric pump now for a sump drainer for pre-start and cool down.
I had to replace the Flowmaster muffler for a Magnaflow because of the limited space I have with the new height of the K27 but that too should be an improvement as far as fitment.
I am only missing one piece of the puzzle to get it all finished up, that is a 4 bolt exhaust flange for the K27. I can find the similar looking Garretts but they dont have the 2.75" bolt spacing that I need. If anyone out there has an old one or knows where I can find a new one please chime in.
I am debating on installing an intercooler at this time, but with the 7th enrichment injector running 9 to 10lbs I haven't had any problems with predetonation, and I'm not really sure I want to run more boost as the car is plenty fast as it is, and I still wish the 3.0 to hold together.
Pictures will follow when I get it all bolted up.
When the car is finally up and running the next stop will be the body shop.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
iamchappy   914 TURBO CARRERA UPDATE   Jan 21 2005, 10:31 AM
Root_Werks   Did you put in a factory 3.0 turbo motor or turbo ...   Jan 21 2005, 10:46 AM
iamchappy   NA 1979 SC 3.0 cis with 7th injector that fires fr...   Jan 21 2005, 10:56 AM
iamchappy   back   Jan 21 2005, 10:57 AM
iamchappy   The battery is going to the front trunk today also...   Jan 21 2005, 10:58 AM
iamchappy   plumbing   Jan 21 2005, 10:59 AM
Root_Werks   Okay, I have seen pics around of your car before. ...   Jan 21 2005, 11:26 AM
Sammy   Very cool. That thing's gotta scream at that b...   Jan 21 2005, 11:57 AM
iamchappy   Sammy, I have no need for the Rayjay anymore, I ha...   Jan 21 2005, 12:11 PM
rick 918-S   Almost time for another visit...

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 08:33 AM