Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Won't start, need help from the gurus
drewvw
post Nov 9 2014, 02:58 PM
Post #1

new england car guy

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,630
Region Association: North East States

Hey All!

I used to be a frequent contributor here, but then kids and some other life stuff happened. Held onto the 914 though, and over the past year dropped the engine and did a much needed clutch/transmission service.

Long story short, I can't get car to start again and after a lot of methodical investigating, would really appreciate some input. Here are some data points:

- 1973 1.7 stock with DJET that always functioned great until engine came out.

- Have discovered a bit of Frankenstein wiring. Fuel pump wired to coil/key on.

- Went thru entire ignition after inconsistent spark. New (needed) wires, plugs, cap/rotor/points. Strong spark now.

- Spray starting fluid in cylinders and it at least "pops". Original fuel injectors. When cranking I get ~.9 mV to each one at electrical plug. Have confirmed fuel to rails.

- older merged exhaust with muffler part and air cleaner off. Not sure if that's enough to stop it from starting or not?

In summary, I now feel good about spark but what am I missing on the fuel side? I suspect the injectors but I drove it to where it currently is.

Any help would really be appreciated. Trying to get the old girl back in good form!

Drew (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 02:54 AM