Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Empi GasBurners, Need new tires and wheels
Johns914
post Feb 12 2015, 07:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,135
Region Association: None

So it is time to break down and by new tires for my 914. The ones I have don't have but 3k miles on them but are upwards of 10 years old. I am headed to the RT66 Fun Run in Seligman AZ and don't want a blow out. Here is where I am running into an issue. I have a set of BRM Replicas on it right now that look great but have a VW offset and the driver's rear tire is extremely close. This is also compounded by accident damage done to the car many many years and owners ago. When I got the BRMs it took me 3 different tires and pulling the fender out 3/4 of an inch to get the Bridgestone Eagers to fit. I love the Eagers but are not made any more.

Here is my question. I have been looking at the Empi GasBurners and was wondering how many people have used them? I know AA sells them and say you can get a 205 under the fender but I am always skeptical of these things. Please let me know if you or some one has bought these wheels and how the fit.

Would really love a set of Perdinis but they seem to be very hard to find.

Thanks in advance for your help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 10:41 AM