Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bell housing to motor patterns ?
914GTSTI
post Feb 16 2015, 10:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,123
Region Association: None

So I have been looking at putting my dyno back into service and was wondering ? Do all Porsche bell housing to motor's ( Air cooled) use the same bolt pattern ?

I know that the 914-4 uses the same pattern as the VW (Air cooled) . I have mounted it to a swing axle housing. But what about the others ?

Are the water cooled , like the 996 the same ?

The reason I ask is to mount the motors to a dyno a housing/adaptor is needed. I have been testing small and big block Chevy's and that has been it. I also have the adaptor for Ford but have not tested any.

If I want to test others a adaptor/bell housing will be needed.

Thanks for the help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Randy

P.S. Also working on a adaptor for Subaru ! And I know it will interchange with each others. Like EJ20,EJ20T,EJ25, EG33,EZ3.0 . Bet you can't guess why I listed the EJ20T and the EG33 ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
914GTSTI   Bell housing to motor patterns ?   Feb 16 2015, 10:52 PM
a914622   I just took my suby adapter off the vw bus bell ho...   Feb 16 2015, 11:40 PM
914GTSTI   Thanks Jcl.   Feb 17 2015, 08:34 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 02:21 PM