Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bell housing to motor patterns ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914GTSTI
So I have been looking at putting my dyno back into service and was wondering ? Do all Porsche bell housing to motor's ( Air cooled) use the same bolt pattern ?

I know that the 914-4 uses the same pattern as the VW (Air cooled) . I have mounted it to a swing axle housing. But what about the others ?

Are the water cooled , like the 996 the same ?

The reason I ask is to mount the motors to a dyno a housing/adaptor is needed. I have been testing small and big block Chevy's and that has been it. I also have the adaptor for Ford but have not tested any.

If I want to test others a adaptor/bell housing will be needed.

Thanks for the help. smile.gif
Randy

P.S. Also working on a adaptor for Subaru ! And I know it will interchange with each others. Like EJ20,EJ20T,EJ25, EG33,EZ3.0 . Bet you can't guess why I listed the EJ20T and the EG33 ? happy11.gif
a914622
I just took my suby adapter off the vw bus bell housing that I use for an engine stand and checked it on the g50. So I'm thinking the air cools are the same, as that engine stand has held 36 horse, type 4, type 1, 2.2-6 2.7-6.
The subaru have added extra bolt holes from year to year, but the ej , eg , ee engines all use the same patteren.
The water cooled porsche use the Audi pattren with the starter on the engine side. But I have only looked at the transmissions. Probably wrong on this one?

Jcl
914GTSTI
Thanks Jcl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.