Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bell housing to motor patterns ?
914GTSTI
post Feb 16 2015, 10:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,123
Region Association: None

So I have been looking at putting my dyno back into service and was wondering ? Do all Porsche bell housing to motor's ( Air cooled) use the same bolt pattern ?

I know that the 914-4 uses the same pattern as the VW (Air cooled) . I have mounted it to a swing axle housing. But what about the others ?

Are the water cooled , like the 996 the same ?

The reason I ask is to mount the motors to a dyno a housing/adaptor is needed. I have been testing small and big block Chevy's and that has been it. I also have the adaptor for Ford but have not tested any.

If I want to test others a adaptor/bell housing will be needed.

Thanks for the help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Randy

P.S. Also working on a adaptor for Subaru ! And I know it will interchange with each others. Like EJ20,EJ20T,EJ25, EG33,EZ3.0 . Bet you can't guess why I listed the EJ20T and the EG33 ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
a914622
post Feb 16 2015, 11:40 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,048
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I just took my suby adapter off the vw bus bell housing that I use for an engine stand and checked it on the g50. So I'm thinking the air cools are the same, as that engine stand has held 36 horse, type 4, type 1, 2.2-6 2.7-6.
The subaru have added extra bolt holes from year to year, but the ej , eg , ee engines all use the same patteren.
The water cooled porsche use the Audi pattren with the starter on the engine side. But I have only looked at the transmissions. Probably wrong on this one?

Jcl
+Quote Post
914GTSTI
post Feb 17 2015, 08:34 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,123
Region Association: None

Thanks Jcl.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 06:05 PM