Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine help, slowly cranking won't start
CameronG63
post Mar 8 2015, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,743
Region Association: None

Hey guys, My engine barely turns over when I try and start it. I have tested the battery and I even replaced the starter. No change... I added another ground strap and cleaned the original one up.. I shorted across the starter terminals and still slow cranking. I removed all the spark plugs, engine is still difficult to turn.... I have also tried to push the car in gear, the tires just lock up. I can slowly push the car if I am in 4th or 5th and see that the flywheel is turning.

Background:
I have a newly rebuilt engine with at least 3 hours on it. It is a 2.2L with 34 dual carbs, scat crank and cam. The engine was running fine, but difficult to start when I pulled it to rebuild the tranny. When the engine was assembled I could put a flywheel wrench on straight up, and it would slowly fall with its own weight and rotate the motor. Flywheel end play was set in spec

What else can I try before engine removal and complete tear down? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:36 PM