Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OMG! it was a close call! Lucky to be alive right now, Guy ran the red light this morning and just missed me!
DRPHIL914
post Mar 10 2015, 06:35 AM
Post #1

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

Yes , i was in the 914 and he was in a construction company pick up truck!
First off let me say that is the first real close call since ive owned the car in the past 6 years.
So i am feeling VERY BLESSED!!!

The community i live in is on a busy 6 lane highway(3 going each way) . I am stopped, the light turns green and i start to pull out to turn left on to the highway, i always look back to the left before completing my turn, and out of my right side peripheral vision i see somthing so i hit the brakes!! He is going full speed at least 60, flies thru the intersection just missing me, swerves, looses control and flips over 2x and a half! landing on the side! over on the right side of the road.
There are cameras at the intersection so i suppose the HWP will be able to pull the video feed for the intersection to see it.
also glad to report that the drive of the other car was o.k. I think he was thrown out of the truck, because i never took my eyes off the vehicle and i never saw him crawl out, he walked around from the back side! very lucky he is alive!!!
BTW that stretch of highway , about a 8 mile stretch had 150 accidents at 4 different intersections last year alone, including several fatalities(a friend's mother-in-law was killed one mile from this ).
SO be careful out there!!!!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:24 PM