Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SCCA Club Racing Announces, New Entry Level Track Program
GaroldShaffer
post Feb 18 2005, 09:33 AM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Just recvd this email from SCCA nat'l. And I quote

SCCA Club Racing Announces New Entry Level Track Program

TOPEKA, Kan. (Feb. 17, 2005) - The SCCA Club Racing Department has announced a new way for SCCA members and sports car enthusiasts to compete and experience the thrill of road racing with the formation of the Performance Driving Experience (PDE), part of its new Time Trials program.

The PDE, the first of four levels of Time Trials activities (which range from instructional to all-out, top-speed events at venues from closed tracks to paved, non-track roads), offers a chance to improve driving skills while giving curious rookie enthusiasts a taste of competitive motorsports action.

SCCA Club Racing officials believe the new program will help introduce SCCA Club Racing, and motorsports in general, to people who might not have been on the Club’s radar before.

“This is the first time Club Racing has expanded its programs to non-traditional areas,” SCCA Director of Club Racing Terry Ozment said. “We are very excited about this opportunity for lots of reasons, but especially because it will bring SCCA to a brand new audience.”

The new format provides competitive flexibility for motorsports enthusiasts by allowing both street cars and race-prepared vehicles to participate, depending on the program level.

For rules information, visit the “Cars and Rules” section on the Club Racing homepage at www.scca.com. For a listing of events, go to the “Events” section at www.scca.com. Click the “Club” tab and select Time Trials.

All other inquires should be directed to Bryan Cohn, SCCA Club Racing Manager, at 1-800-770-2055 or bcohn@scca.com.

A breakdown of each level:

“Performance Driving Experience” (PDE) - The PDE is the first level of the program and provides an instructional environment for drivers who want to improve driving skills and increase their enjoyment of driving their street vehicle. PDE is SCCA’s unique version of “track” or “lapping” days.

“Club Trials” – Club Trials is the second level of the Time Trials program. This level combines elements of PDE instruction with the excitement of running against the clock to determine individual class winners. Cars range from street cars to fully prepared race cars.

“Track Trials” – Track Trials, the third level of the program, offers closed-course track time, and winners are determined by fastest time around the course. Cars prepared for both Solo and Road Racing competition are eligible for Track Trials.

“Hill Climbs” – The fourth and top level of the Time Trials program. Hill Climb events offer short-distance, timed events for race-prepared vehicles on paved mountain roads, with winners determined by fastest times.

-30-

Photo Credit: Mark Weber © 2005

Photo Caption: SCCA Solo and Club Racing cars, like this one from the Showroom Stock B class, will compete in the new Time Trials program.

Curt K.

Curtis Kitchen
Public Relations Manager
Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Inc.
ckitchen@scca.com
800-770-2055
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
itsa914   SCCA Club Racing Announces   Feb 18 2005, 09:33 AM
SteveSr   So what does this mean Garold?, we could race at p...   Feb 18 2005, 09:40 AM
itsa914   That's the way I read it, but I'm not a ro...   Feb 18 2005, 09:45 AM
VegasRacer   This is not really anything new. Our region has be...   Feb 18 2005, 10:32 AM
anthony   PCA regions have been doing this for years. It...   Feb 18 2005, 11:21 AM
TimT     Feb 18 2005, 11:28 AM
mudfoot76   <...   Feb 18 2005, 01:28 PM
seanery   Garold & Steve, you two should come out to Putnam...   Feb 18 2005, 01:48 PM
itsa914   I would love to signand run with you, but that is ...   Feb 18 2005, 01:49 PM
SteveSr   Guys,I would love http://www.914...   Feb 18 2005, 02:50 PM
seanery   The non-porsche power thing is only for club racin...   Feb 18 2005, 04:33 PM
SteveSr   Sean, I am looking forward to coming down to spect...   Feb 21 2005, 09:48 AM
mudfoot76   <...   Feb 21 2005, 12:01 PM
groot   Garold, I hope to be at GMan for the first Nation...   Feb 21 2005, 12:44 PM
itsa914     Feb 21 2005, 02:38 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 06:53 PM