Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is this a crazy idea, just a little naive, brilliant or perhaps..., ...already been done or at least discussed before?
MikeInMunich
post May 2 2015, 05:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,674
Region Association: None

As recently posted, my car arrived over here in DE (Germany) and to my dismay, the (custom racing) seat, all the way back of course, isn't giving me quite enough leg room for my left leg when using the clutch.

Thanks guys, to those of you who responded to my recent post, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) most suggesting that I change the seat, some suggesting the offset adapter to the steering wheel from J.W. Engineering (Rennshift), and naturally the possibility to use a smaller diameter wheel.

I am reluctant to change the seat, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) as it 1) matches the passenger seat, 2) matches the interior, 3) was not a cheap custom job (Sophie's Seat Design, Hollywood) and 4) they have the seat heaters from Camp 914! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)

So here's my idea / question... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

the first thing I noticed when I got into the car and put my foot on the clutch was that I had to move my foot from far left, where it was, towards the center to get it to the clutch, which was when my thigh then came into contact with the wheel... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Has anybody ever done a modification to the pedal assembly to move the clutch pedal outward, to the left? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

It seems to me that this would solve the problem and not be too difficult. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

Is this something that's been done or is perhaps even somewhat common?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

As always, thanks!

M.i.M.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 06:03 AM