Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Squeals like a pig!, Brake Question.
bandjoey
post Jun 4 2015, 09:09 AM
Post #1

bandjoey

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

After years of not being completely satisified with my brakes stopping power, and time for a fluid flush, I took my car to a well know local 914 mechanic. After inspection, they said everything mechanically was ok, I didn't need pads (about 15,000 miles on stock pads and 5k on new rotors), flushed the fluid and set the clearance. WOW. They stopped 100% better than ever. Braking is firm, solid, and the car stops better than ever.

After a couple of months of driving, when backing out of the garage and down the drive (about 50 foot downhill), the brakes started squealllllllling so loud the neighbors look out the window! When I pull forward into the street, no more squealing. Only in reverse.

Is there something I can do to stop the noise short of new pads? Why in Reverse only? I haven't pulled the wheels yet to look but don't think the pads have worn out so quickly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Suggestions welcome.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:30 PM