Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> When shopping for a 914, have any tips?
iwanta914-6
post Jul 27 2015, 10:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,510
Region Association: None

So when I get to the point of looking at a 914, what are some tips? I would ask if someone local could look at it for or with me, but I don't think there are too many 914 owners in MN.

I realize, a 914 in Minnesota is most likely trouble to begin with. But other than inspecting the longs, hell hole, and trunks for rust, what else should I look out for?

I wasn't planning on really looking until next spring, but one just popped up on craigslist up in Northern MN.

The car seems like a good deal. Seller of course states "no rust". No mention of motor size though I have asked him, maybe he's not sure. Says that it is a 75 though it doesn't appear to have the big bumpers, maybe replaced when the owner had some body work and new paint done a few years ago. Owner, who is 72 and has had the car since 1980, has a friend selling it for him. Owner just "wants it gone".

I'm a little nervous about posting the CL listing because it could potentially come back to bite me if it turns out that I want to buy it and someone here decides to scoop it up or turn into a bidding war.

But if that happens, so be it...

http://brainerd.craigslist.org/cto/5140734555.html

Opinions and thoughts?

Thanks!

Edit:

Seller sent me a few more pictures if interested. The "boss" already kind of shot down the idea at this point, but I'll keep trying, lol.

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/kmueller44...rt=3&page=1

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 07:05 PM